EVANSVILLE, Wis. - The Brodhead Cardinals dropped an 81-57 decision to host Evansville Tuesday night as the Blue Devils placed four players in double figures.
Dawson McGinty had a terrific game for the Cardinals (3-7, 2-6), scoring 19 points including four 3-pointers, while Dawson Van Wyhe added 17.
Sully Geske led Evansville (7-5, 6-2) with 19 points, while Davonte McAlister added 17.
• WHITEWATER 62, BIG FOOT 52: The Whippets picked up their first victory of the Rock Valley Conference season, defeating Big Foot after opening up a 33-17 halftime edge.
The Chiefs mounted a late charge, but were unable to overtake the Whippets, who were led by 20 Dylan Pease's 20 points. Jake Martin added 14 for Whitewater (2-10).
Big Foot was led by AJ Courier's 16 points, while Logan Eischeid added 15.
• EDGERTON 70, CLINTON 23: It was another ugly defeat for the Cougars, who remained winless in the RVC and dropped to 1-10 overall.
Clinton trailed 43-11 at halftime and didn't fare much better int he second half.
Clayton Jenny led the Crimson Tide with 16 points.
Tyler Dominy and Sam Duggan each scored six points for the Cougars.
• GIRLS BASKETBALL: CLINTON 57, DELAVAN-DARIEN 51: The Cougars won their third straight game, defeating host Delavan-Darien in a non-conference game.
Liz Kalk scored 14 points, Hannah Welte added 13 and Molly Kemp had 10, hitting all five shots from the field.
• PARKVIEW 44, WILLIAMS BAY 21: The Vikings had little trouble with visiting Williams Bay as they allowed just eight points in the second half after taking a 21-13 lead into intermission.
Parkview was led by Hunter Baars and Michaela Hackett, each of whom scored 10 points.
• JANESVILLE PARKER 75, BELOIT MEMORIAL 53: The Purple Knights struggled mightily in the first half, trailing 43-17, before outscoring the host Vikings in the second half.
Freshman Bre Davis was a bright spot for Beloit, scoring 21 points, but the Knights couldn't avoid their fourth straight loss.
• PREP WRESTLING : PARKER 42, TURNER 38: The Vikings barely edged the host Trojans in Tuesday night's dual meet.
Winners for Turner included heavyweight Cody Krueger, Devon Harbison (120 pounds), Andres Beltran (138), Jon Torsini (152), Cal Ries (160), Nate Draeving (170) and Drew Ries (195), who pinned his opponent in just 29 seconds.