MILWAUKEE - Eva Laun-Smith and Amanda Baran continued to be a great 1-2 combination at the net and Beloit College's women's volleyball team rolled to four victories in the Blue Angels Bash hosted by Mount Mary University Friday and Saturday.
The Bucs opened with sweeps over Silver Lake College (25-8, 25-7, 25-8) and Iowa Wesleyan (26-24, 25-20, 25-17).
Beloit hammered 36 kills against Silver Lake with a hitting percentage of .464. Baran had 13 kills and Laun-Smith chipped in 11. The Bucs also had 18 service aces, including four by Komachi Naoe.
While Beloit went 3-0 against IW, it was more of a battle. Laun-Smith led Beloit with 15 kills and 18 digs. Baran had 10 kills and
• Saturday, Beloit downed Eureka College, 3-1 (25-21, 22-25, 26-24, 25-9) and then topped North Central University (Minn) by the same score (13-25, 25-13, 25-19, 25-17).
Against Eureka, Baran and Laun-Smith combined for 25 kills and led the defense with 18 and 16 digs, respectively. Paige Wimbrow had 42 assists.
• CROSS COUNTRY: The Bucs men's team took fifth and women sixth in the Ken Weidt Classic on Saturday.
Frances Knaggs led Beloit's women with a 23:44.6 clocking for fifth in a field of 100 runners. For the men, Yusuke Hatano finished sixth in a field of 75 runners in 28:41.3. Charles Sandberg was clocked in 30:04.1 for 30th.
• MEN'S SOCCER: The Bucs (1-3-1) fell to Carroll University 2-0, on the road Saturday night. The Pioneers registered 12 shots on goal. Goalie Clark Burch-Woodard had 10 saves.
• WOMEN'S SOCCER: Beloit was thumped by visiting Carroll University, 3-0, on Sunday. Beloit goalie Audrey KEtterer had 10 saves in the contest.
• TENNIS: Doubles pairs Hayden Lamphere and Emma Hahn and Makayla Jo Zundel and Jamie Kelly picked up wins Sunday as Beloit downed host Knox, 7-2, on Sunday.