MCFARLAND, Wis. - The Beloit Turner softball team came up with a solid 9-3 victory at McFarland Tuesday afternoon.
The Trojans broke open a 2-1 game with five runs in the fifth inning and closed strong to record the victory.
Kenzy Conkle allowed just two hits and one walk while striking out seven Spartans to record the victory.
The Trojans picked up 10 hits and took advantage of seven McFarland errors. Konkle, Grace Olmstead and Sydney Harbison each had to hits for Beloit, with both of Konkle's hits being doubles.
• PARKVIEW 9, DEERFIELD 2: The Vikings eased their way to another Trailways Conference win, defeating Deerfield behind a dominating performance in the circle by Remington Stark.
The Parkview junior struck out 17 Deerfield hitters while walking just one, and added two hits including a double on offense. Sidda Meyers added three hits, while Catlyn Nolan hit a home run.
The Vikings are now 9-1 on the season.
• SOUTH BELOIT 4, WINNEBAGO 2: Madison Carlson allowed just three hits, but the SoBos' defense committed five errors as they fell to Winnebago.
Carlson struck out 11, and Kaya Lervik had two of South Beloit's three hits, with Jenna Lynde picking up an RBI for South Beloit.
• CLINTON 10, BRODHEAD 4: The Cougars improved to 6-7 on the season with a solid win at Brodhead.
Leading 4-2 heading into the fifth inning, Clinton broke through for three runs to put some distance between themselves and the Cardinals.
Taylor Peterson had three hits and a pair of RBI, while Emma Brewer had two hits and two RBI. Elli and Morgan Teubert both scored two runs for the Cougars.
Bailey Matthys drove in three runs for the Cardinals.
• BASEBALL: MIDDLETON 3, BELOIT MEMORIAL 1: The Purple Knights put up a solid fight on the road against Middleton, but came up just short.
The Knights grabbed a 1-0 lead in the fourth inning, but Middleton responded with a pair of runs in the bottom of the frame, then scored another in the fifth inning to provide the final margin.
Matthew Locke finished the game 3-for-3, while Corbin Ovist added a pair of hits.
Kobe Hollenbeck went the distance for the Knights, allowing seven hits and zero walks while striking out three.
• EDGERTON 10, BRODHEAD 3: The Cardinals scored all three of their runs in the fifth inning, but were no match for host Edgerton Tuesday.
The Crimson Tide finished with 10 hits, three of them by Drew Hanson.
• MCFARLAND 11, BIG FOOT 10: The Chiefs led 10-4 heading into the seventh inning before McFarland stunned them by scoring seven runs to take the lead.
Jack Hereley led the Chiefs with three hits, including a pair of doubles.
• EVANSVILLE 11, CLINTON 1: The Blue Devils scored six runs in the bottom of the fifth inning to run-rule the Cougars. Clinton was held to one hit on the afternoon. Drew Holloway took the loss on the mound for the Cougars.