SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Beloit Memorial boys basketball team came up just short in their attempt for their first victory of 2018 Saturday night in Sun Prairie.
The Purple Knights led nearly the entire game against the host Cardinals before coming up short, 64-61.
Terrell Ringer led three Purple Knights in double figures with 15 points. Sun Prairie, which trailed 34-27 at halftime, was led by senior Brock Voight, who scored 31 points.
Kamryn Bach and Amariah Cook each finished with 11 points for Beloit.
The 0-3 Knights will look for their first win Tuesday when they host Madison La Follette.
• GIRLS BASKETBALL: HONONEGAH 70, AUBURN 41: The Indians rolled again on Friday night, defeating the host Knights by 29 points.
Point guard Julia Burns scored 18 points to lead the Indians (6-0), while Jordan King added 14.
• EAST TROY 76, CLINTON 60: The Trojans cruised to a win over the host Cougars Friday with Gracie Moker scoring 20 points, Mackenzie Lindow 16 and Grace Lomen with 18.
The Cougars, who trailed 40-21 at halftime, were led by Hannah Welte and Addison Ciochon, each of whom finished with 15 points. Liz Kalk added 13.
• BIG FOOT 44, JEFFERSON 30: The Chiefs held the Eagles to just 13 points in the first half as they took a 21-13 lead into intermission and finished strong to record the win.
Reagan Courier led the Chiefs with 16 points, while Abby VanDeBogart had 14.
• PREP WRESTLING: CREEK CLASSIC: The Beloit Turner wrestling team finished sixth in a 13-team field at Saturday's Creek Classic.
Devin Harbison led the way for the Trojans with a first-place finish for Turner in the 120-pound weight class. Harbison pinned Jonathan Langenstroer of Kettle Moraine to capture the title.
Jackson Burk (126) placed second, while heavyweight Cody Krueger and Cal Ries (160) placed third. Johnson Moran recorded a fourth-place finish at 132.
• BLACK HAWK INVITATIONAL: The Parkview wrestling team had a pair of wrestlers take third at Saturday's Black Hawk Invitational. Camron Duncan (106) and Chase Caratt (220) each won a pair of matches to place third.
Jayson Starr of Brodhead-Juda placed third at 138 pounds, while Jackson Hauri (152) lost in the finals to place second for the Cardinals.
• PREP SWIMMING: Sun Prairie dominated a Big Eight dual at Beloit Memorial, winning 114-56.
The Purple Tide's only victory was by Ben Saladar in the 100-yard butterfly (54.79).
Anthony Jacobson was second in the 200 IM (2:14.99) and Nathan Sill was second in the 50 free (23.35). They and Saladar also swam legs of the runnerup 200 medley relay that included Ben Levy (1:43.60).
The 200 free relay of CJ Light, Levy, Kana Wong and Max Saladar finished second in 1:40.50.