House fire displaces residents

Print Article

Photo provided Beloit Fire Department crews responded to a house fire early this morning in the 1900 block of Sun Valley Drive. Two residents were displaced following the fire.

BELOIT - Two residents were displaced following a house fire early this morning that caused around $25,000 in damage, according to the Beloit Fire Department.

Fire crews responded at around 4:30 a.m. to the home in the 1900 block of Sun Valley Drive. The cause of the fire that started in the attic was from an electrical issue, the department said.

No injuries were reported.

Print Article

Read More News

Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank shares up despite merger concerns

AP

March 18, 2019 at 4:10 am | BERLIN (AP) Shares in Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank have risen despite widespread skepticism about the merits of a possible merger between the two German lenders. Germany's biggest bank, Deutsc...

Comments

Read More

UK prime minister in last-minute push to win Brexit support

AP

March 18, 2019 at 4:10 am | LONDON (AP) British Prime Minister Theresa May is making a last-minute push to win support for her European Union divorce deal, with attention focused on wooing Northern Ireland's Democratic Unioni...

Comments

Read More

More evacuations in Midwest as floodwaters head downstream

AP

March 18, 2019 at 3:02 am | ST. LOUIS (AP) Residents in parts of southwestern Iowa were forced out of their homes Sunday as a torrent of Missouri River water flowed over and through levees, putting them in a situation similar...

Comments

Read More

Flash floods, earthquake in Indonesia kill at least 80

AP

March 18, 2019 at 3:00 am | JAYAPURA, Indonesia (AP) The number of people killed after torrential downpours triggered flash floods and mudslides that tore through mountainside villages in Indonesia's easternmost province has ...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(608) 365-8811
149 State Street
Beloit, WI 53511

©2019 Beloit Daily News Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X