Mobility Management of Rock County Council on Aging announced the start of its Wednesday Walks Program, offering seniors and their friends a great way to get out, walk and enjoy unique Rock County attractions.
Wednesday Walks provides walks on date-specific Wednesdays throughout the spring, summer and fall. The program includes walks or tours at various parks, gardens, museums and historical sites at no cost to Rock County seniors.
Reservations are required by noon the Monday before the Wednesday Walk date. To register, call 608-757-5408 or sign up online at www.co.rock.wi.us/aging-mobilitymanagement/wednesday-walks.
On the day of the walk, arrive by 9 a.m. at Council on Aging, 3328 N. Hwy 51, Janesville. An optional lunch at a meal site is planned following each walk for a suggested donation of $4 for age 60 and above or $12 if under age 60.
Wednesday Walks dates and locations are as follows:
• May 29 - Beloit College, Beloit.
• June 26 - Gibbs Lake, Janesville.
• July 10 - Rotary Botanical Gardens, Janesville.
• July 24 - Beckman Mill, SW Newark Township.
• Aug. 7 - Helen Jeffris Wood Museum, Janesville.
• Aug. 14 - Hoo's Woods Raptor Center, Milton.
• Sept. 4 - Ice Age Trail, Milton.
• Sept. 11 - Sterling North Home and Museum, Edgerton.
• Oct. 2 - Magnolia Bluff Park, Evansville.
• Oct. 23 - Skelly's Farm Market, Janesville.