BELOIT - Beloit College has the following events scheduled for February which are open to the public:
• Dance Concert: Chelonia 2019 - 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday; 2 p.m., Sunday at Neese Theatre. Choreographed by guest artist and Beloit College alumnus Marcus Hayes and danced by students. Admission $10 for general public; $7 for seniors, faculty and staff; $5 for students.
• Reading by Karen Babine - 7 p.m. on Feb. 14 at Wright Museum of Art. Author of "Water and What We Know: Following the Roots of a Northern Life."
• Lecture: International Early Grade Reading Efforts: Challenges and Opportunities - 7 p.m. on Feb. 18 at Richardson Auditorium, Morse-Ingersoll Hall. Lecture by Lesley Bartlett.
• Suzanne Thorpe on Sound Ecologies - 12:30 p.m. on Feb. 20 at Moore Lounge, Pearsons Hall. Thorpe is this year's Ferrall Artist-in-Residence.
• #GetWoke: Colonized Bodies of the Caribbean - 7 p.m. on Feb. 22 at Richardson Auditorium, Morse-Ingersoll Hall. Event will centralize modern colonialism in the Caribbean.
• Suzanne Thorpe performance - 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 23 at Sanger Center for the Sciences. Thorpe will play a selection of music on her flute.
• Festival of One Act Plays - 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 28, March 1, 2 and 7, 8 and 9 at Kresge Theatre, Neese Theatre. Student directors, designers and performers.