In an editorial on Monday, Oct. 22, Bill Barth described Tammy Baldwin as an extreme leftist. I challenge that description based on what she stands for.
1) Tammy champions Buy American legislation for rebuilding Wisconsin's drinking water infrastructure using American made iron and steel, boosting manufacturers across the state.
2) Tammy is working to keep jobs at home instead of outsourcing them.
3) Tammy stood with Wisconsin dairy farmers when Canada's unfair trade practices restricted markets for Wisconsin cheese and milk.
4) Tammy stood up to large pharmaceutical corporations that jack up prescription drug prices just to boost profits.
5) Tammy introduced legislation for two years of free technical college, so students can learn the skills needed for good paying jobs.
6) Tammy authored the Jason Simeakoski Memorial and Promise Act to hold the VA accountable and help stop over prescribing of opioids. This Act was incorporated into the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act signed into law by the President in July of 2016.
How do these items translate into Tammy Baldwin being an extreme leftist? (See www.TammyBaldwin.com for more on where Tammy stands on the issues.)