NEW YORK - Several Beloit Memorial High School Jazz Orchestra members will be coming home with honors awarded during the Essentially Ellington Jazz Competition held in New York May 9-11.
Beloit students honored were:
• Outstanding Trumpet Section - Adam Hobson, Naomi Patten, Evan Langone, Olivia Garcia, Piper Mitchell, Katie Landon.
• Outstanding Tenor Sax - Noah Poepping.
• Outstanding Trombone - August Braatz.
• Outstanding Trumpet - Adam Hobson.
• Honorable Mention Trumpet - Naomi Patten.
The BMHS Jazz Orchestra performed before a panel of jazz musicians and historians at the Frederick P. Rose Hall in New York. The orchestra performed under the direction of Chris Behrens.
The Beloit group was among 15 finalists to be chosen for the competition.
Members of the orchestra are:
Reeds: Brandon Terwilliger, Hanna Wolf, Noah Poepping, Sydnee Galvin, Jameson Hosey, Hannah Wilson, Hannah Sireci.
Trumpets: Adam Hobson, Naomi Patten, Evan Langone, Olivia Garcia, Piper Mitchell, Katie Landon Trombones: August Braatz, Caleb Otto, Audry McManigle, Jason Watkins.
Piano: Jack Johnson, Abby Artreche.
Guitar: Arianna Marko, Claire Boggs.
Bass: Carly Behrens, Ben Levy, Lukas Laun-Smith.
Drums: Maddie Mueller, Ryley Dlugi.